Invisalign is a popular method used to align crooked teeth. Using Invisalign to straighten teeth offers far more convenience than conventional methods.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign are aligners that are custom-made for you by your cosmetic dentist. These clear, plastic aligners are practically invisible and slowly move your teeth. Invisalign is comfortable to wear, even though it is recommended that you wear your aligners for 20-22 hours a day.
Although the process of correcting teeth with invisible aligners is not new, Invisalign uses a state of the art computer program that advises the precise changes necessary. Your cosmetic dentist will create a customized plan, and will likely recommend that you wear a new set of aligners every week as your teeth gradually shift.
Is Invisalign Right For You?
Invisalign can correct a slew of oral health issues, many of which can prove dangerous if unaddressed. Invisalign can help correct:
• Gapped Teeth – If your jawbone continues to grow, it may result in gapped teeth. Gapped teeth could also occur if you have teeth missing. Not addressing your gapped teeth can lead to gum problems, including increased risk of gum and periodontal disease.
• Underbite – When your lower teeth protrude past your front teeth, you suffer from an underbite. An underbite can prevent your front teeth and molars from functioning properly, and cause painful jaw and joint problems.
• Overbite – You suffer from an overbite if your upper teeth bite over your lower teeth. An overbite can develop from bad oral habits or genetics. Leaving an overbite unaddressed can lead to gum problems and jaw pain.
• Open Bite – If your teeth do not make contact with each other, then you likely suffer from an open bite. An abnormal jaw structure, or excessive thumb-sucking as a child, can lead to this. Chewing is typically painful, and your speech could be impaired if the condition is bad enough.
• Openly Crowded Teeth – This occurs if there is not enough room for your teeth to fit normally. Severely crowded and crooked teeth can lead to plaque accumulation and tooth decay.
• Crossbite – A crossbite occurs when there is a misalignment of both the upper and the lower jaws. As a result, one or more upper teeth bit on the inside of the lower teeth, causing gum disease, bone loss, and general wear and tear.
Comfort And Convenience
Invisalign is especially popular amongst our Long Island cosmetic dentist patients because of how little it impacts their everyday lives. Wearing the aligners requires little effort. Since the aligners are removable, users can brush and floss their teeth without any change or inconveniences. The aligners are also easy to clean by brushing as well, or with the Invisalign cleaning kit.
As an Invisalign wearer, eating is also convenient. You’ll remove the aligners every time you snack or have a meal, which means you’ll be able to eat whatever you want, whenever you want it. There are no limitations placed on what you can have!