A healthy mouth is a happy mouth, and making sure that you have a great smile is only one aspect of why taking care of your dental needs is important. Losing teeth can cause you to have trouble eating, impact speech, and reduce your overall self-confidence. As a result, it’s important to find the right solution for your dental problems.
One option that has grown in popularity over the last several years is the use of dental implants, and for those who want the healthiest, strongest smile possible these implants are among the best options available.
Dental implants are a method of permanently replacing lost teeth. With them, denture-type artificial teeth are created and matched specifically to your mouth and then permanently set. The process involves a few steps:
- First, an impression of your mouth is taken to determine the proper size, shape, and color of the implants. Then, they’re created in a lab specifically for you. This ensures a perfect match and means that nobody will be able to tell which teeth are real and which aren’t.
- Small holes are drilled into the jaw and anchors are placed in the cavity.
- The dental implants are then attached to the anchor points, giving you a perfect smile that you don’t have to worry about.
During the process, you won’t feel a thing thanks to anesthesia. Afterwards, it will take a few days for the discomfort to completely subside. However, today’s dental implants are ‘micro’ implants, which require smaller holes, smaller anchors, and will lead to much less pain and a far faster recovery time than the implants that were common a decade ago.
Dental implants offer numerous benefits over traditional dentures, including:
- No need to affix the teeth to the mouth using adhesives
- No limits on how or what you may eat
- No extra care steps – you brush and floss just like normal
In short, implants leave you with a perfect smile that is as close to the real thing as you can possibly get. And with less pain and faster recovery times than ever before, today’s implants are well worth taking a closer look at.
If you’re missing one or more teeth, getting back your perfect smile may be easier than you realize. A consultation with your cosmetic dentist can help you see just how valuable dental implants may be and why they’re a consideration that is well worth making.