A great smile has a lot to do with your life. Not only can it impact things like how you eat, but it can directly impact your overall happiness as well. A good smile means high levels of self confidence, and for years partial dentures have been a solution to problems with a smile.
Partial dentures on Long Island help correct missing teeth, and are just what they sound like – a denture appliance that is designed to fill in only a portion of the mouth. If you’re missing one, two, or even several teeth, partials are a good way to get back the smile you’re missing.
While it’s easy to assume that you have a basic idea as to what partials are and what they involved, taking a quick look at a few of the key aspects of partial dentures can ensure that you make the right choice with your cosmetic dentistry options. Here are some main things to know.
- Partials are generally used as a kind of bridge between existing teeth, though in most instances they can be used to fill in gaps located anywhere in the mouth.
- Partial dentures will usually be placed in the mouth just like traditional dentures, then removed at the end of the night.
- Since they’re molded and modeled to fit your mouth, you should get a perfect fit and a perfect smile thanks to your partials. However, it’s important that if any issues are noticed that you speak to your dental professional immediately.
- Care varies, but in general the partial dentures will need to be cleaned separately from the teeth, often soaked in a cleaning solution.
- Partial dentures offer a more affordable option for those who may not have the budget for dental implants, though the price gap is narrowing.
- Partials also come with little to no immediate or long-term discomfort, eliminating the relatively short recovery time for today’s dental implants.
Speaking with one of our professionals today is one of the best ways to ensure that you get the right cosmetic dentistry solution for your needs. It could be the first step towards a great new smile.