One of the most common fears that join the masses together is the fear of seeing a dentist. Though dentists are helpful people who can be a major player in the game of good health, they have a certain stereotypical reputation that precedes them.
Some things are easier said than done, but what if seeing a dentist and having work done on the teeth and gums was just as easy done as said? A sedation dentist can make it so.
Why See A Sedation Dentist
Sedation dentistry would be well suited for those who:
• Have a low threshold for pain
• Cannot sit still for long periods of time
• Suffer from a bad gag reflex
• Need a large amount of dental work done
• Are overwhelmed with anxiety and fear
A common form of sedation dentistry puts the patient into a state where they are conscious, but have no memory of the dental procedure after it has occurred. This was formerly known as conscious sedation and it seems to be one of the best options for people who need work done, but are terrified to do so for any reason. There are no needles involved, just a simple pill taken about an hour before the procedure.
Benefits Of Seeing A Sedation Dentist
There are many benefits that come from seeing a sedation dentist, but some of the most important ones include:
• There is no pain during the procedure. Fear of pain is the most common reason why people avoid the dentist.
• You’ll have no memory of the procedure afterward. The memory of drilling, scraping, and filling often keeps people from coming back.
• Anxiety is forgotten. Once you take the sedation pill, you won’t even remember why you were so anxious to begin with.
• The dentist can work faster. Under sedation, you won’t be moving, fidgeting, or getting in the way of the work. This makes it easier for the dentist to finish the job quicker.
Unfortunately, too many people avoid the dentist until they get to a point of unbearable pain. Taking care of tooth troubles before they begin, however, can make all the difference in the world. With sedation dentistry as an option, you’ll have no reason to worry and going to the dentist can be an easy option once more.